8 Excellent (and Free!) Search Engine Optimization Websites
Last Updated May 27, 2023 by Tim Trott. First Published in 2013.
855 words, estimated reading time 3 minutes.
- SEO Strategy - Search Engine Optimization in 2022
- A Guide to the Robots.txt Exclusion Protocol
- What Are XML Sitemaps and Why Do You Need One?
- Using Google Search Central (formerly Google Webmaster Tools)
- Google Analytics for Tracking Website Visitor Statistics
- Getting Started Earning Money with Adsense
- Website Loading Times Are Vital - How to Improve Yours
- How To Improve Website Speed By Enabling GZip Compression
- Google Trends Keyword Comparison and Research Tool
- 8 Excellent (and Free!) Search Engine Optimization Websites
Here is a list of 8 excellent and free search engine optimization websites that can help you accomplish important SEO tasks.
Here is a list of 8 excellent and free search engine optimisation websites that can help you accomplish various SEO tasks, e.g. backlink investigation, keyword research, etc... When used together these tools are an incredibly powerful resource in any SEO strategy.
An SEO audit is a comprehensive analysis of your website that identifies the site's weaknesses. It should also offer concrete, actionable recommendations for improving the website's organic search rankings and generating more online revenue. This collection of free SEO tools will help you improve your website and attract more organic search results.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Analysis Tool
SEO Workers Search Engine Optimisation Analysis Tool helps you to analyse and measure the ranking potential of your web pages. It doesn't only analyse the Meta Tags of your pages, rather it tries to use the same spider technology as the search engine spiders themselves. There is also a Firefox SEO extension which you can use to test your pages with just a single click. Visit the seo analysis tool extension page for more information.
SEO Analysis Tool Features
- Analyse the HTTP headers returned from the web server
- Analyse the length and relevancy of the Title tag
- Analyse the length and relevancy of the Description meta tag
- Analyse the number of keywords and relevancy of the Keywords meta tag
- Analyse the Robots meta tag directives and if search engines are allowed to spider the page
- Check the page's most relevant keywords and/or key phrases
- Check how the page may be displayed within search engine results
- Check the internal and external URLs (links) found on the page, and if are followed or not
- Check the keywords found in the Anchor tags (links)
- Check the keywords found in the image Alt attributes
- Check the page Heading and Phrase elements
SEOptimer is a website review and SEO audit tool. This handy tool is for webmasters and SEO experts and checks over 20 major on-page SEO factors for any page on the website.
Advantages of SEO audit
- Improve on page SEO
- Test any subpage
- SEO tips for your website
- Free PDF report
Google PageSpeed Insights
Fast and optimised pages lead to higher visitor engagement, retention, and conversions. The PageSpeed family of tools is designed to help you optimize the performance of your website. PageSpeed Insights products will help you identify performance best practices that can be applied to your site, and PageSpeed optimisation tools can help you automate the process.
Advantages of Google PageSpeed Insights
- Quick and easy to set up
- Keep your edge with the latest optimization technologies
- Fast and secure with Google infrastructure
- Happier users, better conversion
Google AdWords Keyword Research
The Google AdWords Keyword is the defacto tool for keyword research, an incredibly important aspect of SEO. This tool will show you the competition, global monthly searches, and local monthly searches for every keyword you try.
Features of the Google AdWords Keyword Research
- Broad, Exact or Phrase match volumes
- Global vs. Local Monthly search volumes
- Approximate CPC and Competition
- Local Search Trends
- Include/Exclude terms
Google Analytics not only lets you measure sales and conversions, but also gives you fresh insights into how visitors use your site, how they arrived on your site, and how you can keep them coming back.
Features of Google Analytics
- Content Analytics
- Social Analytics
- Mobile Analytics
- Conversion Analytics
- Advertising Analytics
- Google Analytics Application Gallery
Google Webmaster Tools
Improve your site's visibility in Google search results. It's free.
Google Webmaster Tools provides you with detailed reports about your pages' visibility on Google. To get started, simply add and verify your site and you'll start to see information right away.
Features of Google Webmaster Tools
- Get Google's view of your site and diagnose problems
- Discover your link and query traffic
- Share information about your site
WooRank is the most popular Website Review and SEO Tool. Run a free review then create a project to track and optimise your website.
Features of WooRank
If you enjoyed reading this article, or it helped you in some way, all I ask in return is you leave a comment below or share this page with your friends. Thank you.
There are no comments yet. Why not get the discussion started?